Thursday, June 2, 2016

Space Wolves Painting Update - Two more Models

Hey mates!

Got another update on the space wolves test models!

Managed to get a decent paint session in yesterday after work, been really stressing over the final scheme for my wolves. Will explain more as to why!




Is not a secret in the tabletop miniatures community, hell anyone that walks into a game store knows. Warhammer 40k is the most expensive miniatures game on the planet! " Might be a few more expensive, but we don't love those games like Warhammer. "

As my painting quality has progress, the better tools I purchase to achieve a great looking miniature for the tabletop. Better quality painting means more time spent modelling and painting your miniatures. Building a new army of space wolves costs money and time. So I want to paint each model once and only once so they are good till the end of time. That means I gotta have the scheme that I enjoy painting,  and showing off. Might make me abit more annoying or stressed out on something so minor, but in the end I am gonna have a great army once I make it through the testing schemes stage.

The wolves am putting together ideally will be as fluffy as possible while maintain some individual creativity. Anyway! Here is the next two models have tested the scheme out on, am thinking will do 1 more grey scheme marine. Using a dark tone like the very first space wolf I did. After that will give it a break and make a decision.


Started with pinning all the parts for the model.


I sprayed part with black prime, then based with a Eshin Grey/Wolf Grey blend, then High lighted with 2 Grey Blends. This model turned out lighter then I planned. 




This is the 80% done product for the light grey scheme, it still needs the power axe glow done and the basing done. Along with some extra bits that are being painted right now.



Currently have three models in this scheme, am really liking it alot is fun to paint and has alot of contrast. Is alot of options with the scheme, another plus is me and Fayte spent a good deal of time working on it. Am concerned I may not like the scheme on vehicles. 

Decisions! Decisions! Will be working on some Fenerisian Wolves for abit and likely finish the Assassins after I finish up these test models, before moving forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment