Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Space Wolves Painting Update - Lone Wolf Challenge!

 Hey Mates!

Got a update on the Space Wolves!

First off, this is actually a joint scheme, both myself and Fayte teamed up over Memorial Day weekend to master craft the scheme for our Space Wolves projects.

Fayte is doing a commission for his Papa, and I am building a 3rd army in my Space Wolves. Hail the Imperium!



The 3 test models, thus far! (Left and right ones done by me, the middle by Fayte.)








 I have the final product on the the first test model. This guy has a great stance and is a lot going on, really one of my better marines.





 However, there is not enough contrast going on here, Fayte, the planner of planners, has a great painter's eye and is very tactical in his movements. While I tend to be more large scale, jump in and cut them all down then look around and realize my mistakes later.

So Memorial Day weekend, I drove to Fayte's house (about a 5 hour drive) and we sat down at two painting desks in his basement of awesomeness to forge the new scheme. 

Having built a list of things that I wanted some hands on training, this was a good opportunity to learn from the master, himself! Since Fayte has years of experience in this, he has a wealth of knowledge and has been super great at passing what he knows down to me. This really has allowed my work quality to jump to a great quality standard. 

Fayte built an awesome blend, for the base color and pitched it to me to use on my wolves.






This is the Lone Wolf Fayte puts together with me (literally!) over his shoulder and working on a 3rd lone wolf test model of my own. This guy turned out super good! The power sword really is one of best Fayte has ever done he says. Funny thing is all this was just him showing me stuff.

This guy turned out so well and I am tempted to make a similar model with the same sword and see how Demorte hammers it out. 







Here is the model I put together with the same scheme, I really like how he turned out, the base is very well done. I did some blue glow effects on the runes for the armor. This is the quality I am looking for, and am very much looking forward to getting off work today and working on the next two test models before finalizing the scheme. 

Got 5 more based and  highlighted using the new tools that finally arrived.

Shiny

Over the weekend I got to use Fayte's Evolution AL model airbrush. He had talked it up so much that I ended up ordering one for myself. :) This really is the best airbrush out there, period. Really makes my old one just feel and look like trash. 

Hope to have some more good stuff to share later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment