Friday, June 17, 2016

Painting Space Marines - Astral Claws Chapter session 3

Hey Mates!

Got another update on the Astral Claws project.






Started to put together the boby abit more, I paint all my marine parts separate and then assembly this allow me to get cleaner details on the marine. 


I did some comparing to my old marines.


About 6 of the ten man squad I have will likely end up being repainted, my priority is to repaint my primary lists. That will make repainting most of the marines not as vital. I will likely just keep adding marines to the army for the for see able future.



1st and 2nd Squad on the left with the new 9th and 10th tactical squads on the right.

These marines on the left, am still pretty happy with so will keep them as they are scheme wise.



3rd Squad and 4th Squad on the left with the new 9th and 10th tactical squads on the right.
These squads I am not happy with and will rework. The paint is either clumpy, is over glued, is mold-lines, or something else is not done properly to give them a passing grade.



5rd Squad and 6th Squad on the left with the new 9th and 10th tactical squads on the right.
These squads I am not happy with and will rework. The paint is either clumpy, is over glued, is mold-lines, or something else is not done properly to give them a passing grade.



7rd Squad and 8th Squad on the left with the new 9th and 10th tactical squads on the right.
These squads I am not happy with and will rework. The paint is either clumpy, is over glued, is mold-lines, or something else is not done properly to give them a passing grade.

All of these squads have been done in different stages of my painting experience. Is nice to see ares where I improved, whether if its in assembly, model cleaning, paint quality, brush control or some other factor. Regardless at this stage am not happy with them so I continue forward in replacing them.





9th squad is one I am very happy with they are about 80% done. Still need to base the marines, add grenades, ammo packs and other small bits.  Once thats all done I can weather them abit more too. 



10th Squad at 80% done stage too.



I have the special weapons marines, magnetized in these squads to give me all the options melta, flamer, grav gun and plasma rifle. Have found the meta changes alot and is better to be able make things as model for game play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment