Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Jetbikes! Jetbikes everywhere!

Fayte here!

Over the course of a few months, I've been gathering jetbikes for my Eldar force. Now, this has been an interesting position for me to finally jump onto the jetbike train. So, come with me for a journey that is needing to be done quickly and well!
The reason that all of these models need to be painted and completed by mid-August is for a local tournament I'm wanting to participate in. Now, I've avoided jetbikes in the past due to their apparent cheese factor but also the ease that they can be spammed. I really like to bring a game to my opponent that is flavorful but also interesting to play. In addition, I enjoy having an interesting game to play on my side of the table as well.

I began prepping and cleaning each jetbike, plus the Fire Prism as well. It was a fair bit of sanding, cleaning, and filling, but in the end it was a very good thing!
Let the priming begin!

All primed and curing now.
The kits themselves are really well done and I enjoyed putting together these bikes much more than previous versions of the Eldar ones. They feel much more dynamic! In addition, I'm painting the bikes the same way I painted my fliers, bone with teal accents. The riders will also be teal, similar to my guardians. The Farseers/Warlocks will be made the same way as my other ones too with the black and bone colors with purple to tie them together.
Jetbike colors

Fire Prism #1

Next up, painting!
Let the painting begin! Also, I am a wizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment