Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Flames of War - Painting German Tanks - Panzer IV, Panthor A, Panthor G, JagdPanther and Stug



Hey Mates 

Am actually working on multiple projects right now. I have 3 warhammer 40k projects on my table two commissions one is priority but I haven't had time to really sit for a extended period of time to being the Dark Eldar Commission. 

So I have something else to share that I been piecing together in the mean time. 





I actually picked up this box set as part of a trade, I already had 15+ unpainted Shermans and other German tanks. Flames or war is essentially my secondary table top game that I play. The trade essentially was me giving up the bulk of the games contents plus other favors in turn I got a custom 761st Sherman HQ painted by a great friend :)

Warhammer 40k being primary, Flames of War being second and Lord of the Rings being third. 

Been working alot of hard hours, so when I have had 30 mins to sit, bang my head on my oak desk 15 times, and then regather myself  I tinker abit with these guys prepping them for priming and basing. 



I have right now five Panzer IVs, Three Stugs, and a Panther A

I was making plans to base them, when I realized had another tank that needs to be done. A Panthor G and JagdPanther new on sprue from the Tanks box.


The Tanks kit gives you the option to do one or the other, but after looking at the kit I have discovered there is a way to get both tanks. 


The reason you only get one or the other normally is cause, they kit includes only one set of tracks for the chassis to rest on. However you get the chassis and extra parts for both the JagdPanthor and the Panthor. 

So my plan is simple... Magnets! Am gonna magnetize the Tracks first utilizing some plastic piping to mount the magnets. Will then calculate the distance for both chassis and mount magnets with plastic piping on both chassis.My hope is that I can get it so both sit perfectly on the tracks without any noticeable miss mounting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment