Saturday, May 21, 2016

WIP - Atrapos Knight Part 2

Fayte here!

After an interesting period of cleaning and getting the model prepped for painting, the painting started...at long last! I had a sweet new idea I wanted to try out, and had hoped it would really add some solid flavor to the model, paint chipping. Figured it would make weathering that much easier, but, as it turns out, not all experiments work out!

Rare view inside an STC

First and foremost, my experiment gone wrong.

I will typically take my painting on some more interesting models to do a layering with inks. It allows for me to do highlighting with more control and a bit more fun! Using an airbrush, I start with a primer black, toss on a grey and the ink color over that. Then a second highlight color and finally, ink again. Looks really cool when it's done. However, the chipping medium I was using is very water soluble, turns out the ink is as well...
Such sadness, such poor planning!
As you can see, the moment you take a brush and water to the model, the ink comes right off. Oh well, back to the old fashioned way. I'll be trying out the paint chipping on my Dark Eldar. Those will be coming soon.

Back to the WIP shots!
Primed and ready for paint

Green! Not just for Orks

Now with more creme

Next time, the finished product! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment