Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Assassinorum: Execution Force - Painting the Models






Hey Mates,

Chiming in with my first post cause, I hate wasting time on updating people on projects.




So there's a combi-pack and side game that comes with four assassins. I did not buy the game, but i wanted the assassins. Thankfully was able to get a hold of the set. Last one I need is on the way. Shout out to Fayte!





So there's a combi-pack and side game that comes with four assassins. I did not buy the game, but i wanted the assassins. Thankfully was able to get a hold of the set. Last one I need is on the way. Shout out to Fayte! Have the 4th cork waiting for the final assassin to come in the mail this week. Want all four before I start painting so the look uniform. I will be putting 32mm bases rather then the 25mm base. The 32mm looks so much better and it really wont make a difference in the game play.

The Miniatures so far!




This miniature is so annoying! Why you ask!

1. Contact point for the foot is Stupidly small.
2. Hands are separate at the wrists.
3. Breast piece is separate from the chest.
4. The Curvy bottom is two pieces, well three pieces
5. Long hair braid is separate piece from the head.

All these factors combined make is supper frustrating during the assembly phase!

It is an extremely fragile piece that was not made to be used in a large scale tabletop game. That being said am thinking up a few ways to mount the model, I ended up pinning alot of the pieces, and using a strong hold glue. Will be pinning the hands as well to give it more hold.

The base is one where i will be going off the grid from its suggested basing. The normal basing has it on a small ruin with bullet holes all over it. This contact point is just way to small, even with a pin and it alse makes the model way taller then it actually is, which is huge for line of sight and taking cover in a game.

So my plan is to put her on a 32mm base for sure to give her out stretched arms more protective clearance. Will then pin the main contact point to the base, I will also pin the back foot to the ruiner pillar she comes with so both feet will be pinned to the base.

This way it will look like she just jumped off the ruined pillar. The main issue am facing is the thinness of the model of pinning. This is not alot of surface space for drilling the hole, so I may need to order a even finer bit to do the model justice on pinning. I don't wanna use just glue, cause I know the parts will break.





The Sniper, I love this model is great sized, will be putting him on a 32mm base as well. His gun tip broke in transport from the seller. :/ but it was repairable. Just some drilling, pinning and gluing and we good to go. 

Only thing am not liking on the model is the Pistol, it seems even more plain then an Imperial guard or Marine pistol belt. So I may swap it out once I find one I like from my bits storage.


This guy, am looking forward to painting him , he has some cool parts that have some nice details. I drilled out the bolter tip on him. I may add some grenades to him, for the fun of it. His base is super cool. It will put him higher up then the model should be naturally, but the base looks so cool that I don't care :) 

Will for sure be putting him on a 32mm base as well, at this stage am certain all of them will end up on the 32mm base. 

No comments:

Post a Comment