Monday, May 16, 2016

Making Cork Bases - Warhammer 40k Space Wolf Bases

Hey Mates,

Working on some bases for the test model Space wolves.

Gonna be doing them on 32mm bases, pretty much is my thing.






Cork is a very good, basing material, I tend to use it on most of the bases in my army. Am going to be doing my normal, color scheme for bases. However will make them winterized bases too. So will be stepping into another layer for my bases. 



I use PVA glue, after I put the main basing parts on the base. " Cork, Rocks, Plastic bits etc.. " I like to use a smaller junk brush to put the glue on the base. Personally I prefer to paint the glue on the base. So I put a pool of the glue on a paint pallet, and transfer it to the base where I need it with the brush. 



After I glue 2 bases, I sand them and move on to the next 2 till I am done with the bases. Then I let them sit for alittle bit so it begins to set.


After letting it sit a few hours, I spray Flat or Ultra Flat Black primer over the base. I prefer Ultra Flat, but both work fin for bases. You can primer the bases immediately after you sand them too. Just keep a good spray distance so you don't blow some sand off. Thats why I wait till it sets abit more, it still isn't 100% dry when I prime it. After I prime it I let it sit 24 hours.


Will do some more work on the, bases when I get home today, 


No comments:

Post a Comment