Friday, May 13, 2016

Space Wolves Painting Update - Warhammer 40k Jump Pack OSL Glow affect.

Hey Mates!

Update on the Space Wolves Test Models.

Been Theory crafting have 3 list am gonna run with the Spacewolves, nice thing is I have pretty much all the models I need to do it with my Astral Claws. So will test the lists out a few times before going nuts on buying models. In mean time was gifted some Forgeworld Shoulder pads for Space Wolves, have raided my 8 bits boxes and have enough stuff to do 20 Blood Claws. I also picked up 2 Grey Hunter kits from a buddy for dirt cheap. So have some toys to enjoy for a while.

I tend to build in bulk, am know for doing 50 or more models at a time. I like to assembly line my projects, am not doing that with the Wolves at all. Am only doing 1 or 5 models max at a time, and doing them to 100% completion. Only thing I have not done is the bases, which I will start a few test bases soon before wiping out a bunch of them.


Anyway the painting! (Pictures after the jump)






This is where we left off, pretty nice looking model with some more stuff that can be done to improve it looks. As Fayte stated it looks Wash Heavy, cause it is Wash Heavy.


Same model after its 3rd session, So have added 3 more greys, 3 golds, 1 more red, necron compound, and iron breaker, some glazes and some more yellow.

Touched on all the the trimming, and rivets with my gold combination. 

Looking at both pictures is a clear difference.




Am alot more content with the scheme now that its all coming together. Really has alot of colors on it and alot going on to keep things well contrasted. Am gonna be putting the model on a snow base, likely will be a cliff or rocky style base. The Blackmanes in there fluff are talked about appearing in the coldest of winter. So that tells me I should base them in a heavier snow/ice style base. I just have to find a style I actually like. Am really wanting to base them like all my other models, for sake of time, but not sure at this stage. 


Jump pack time!!

Here is a picture of the Jump pack, Is kinda boring at this stage.



First I applied some small amounts of Typhus corrosion for texture. Then lightly air brushed Abbadon black over and around the Jump pack Exhausts to make a burnt/smokey residue feel.

Then I brush in 5 layers of blues.

Was gonna do more, but felt this was enough to get the point across, 


Then I took out the air brush, again to see what I could do on the Vents with it. 










Here is the finish model, is not much else am gonna do on it at this point. Is alot of colors on this model. use 5 blues, and white scar white. Is a total of 9 blended blue going from Kantor to a very white blue.

Have started 5 more Space Wolves, that will be working on tonight before doing some gaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment