Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Warhammer 40k Painting - Tau Tide Wall and Tau Tide Wall Gun Rig - Part 1

Hey mates!

Has been a bit since last update, have been working on several commissions.

Here is one that am working on right now, am very excited to do these pieces cause I have never painted tau.





First we are going to start off with the tide wall. 




I first started up using my new Citadel Clippers, these things are very sharp! Once I got the different parts off I cleaned up the mold lines with a sharp hobby knife and sand paper.



I discovered that this kit has 3 extra modules, will likely end up using them for some other terrain. 

After gettign the Tide wall assembled I then started on the Tide wall Gunrig


I used the same process with cleaning up the model as stated above.


Started to assemble the modules, I used testers brand glue and gorilla glue.



Once both models where completed, I ended up with enough extra modules to build a 3rd platform. However am missing 2 pieces to make that happen. The Center circle platform and one bottom section of a module. 

Since these pieces are missing, I may just go with my original idea and make some other pieces of terrain out of them. 


I used white primer on both the models. The different parts of the gun rig are not glued on so I dis assembled the gun rig in order to paint it better.


I let the white primer dry at this stage. Right now going over how I want to do the scheme, thankfully these pieces are store pieces  and they have given me flexibility in the scheme. Essentially I get to paint it how I want to paint it. 

If you have been reading my posts abit, you know I love imperium all I own is imperium army stuff. However, if I ever do a zenos race it will be Tau. Am still working on repainting the astral claws and working on space wolves - thunder wolf army. However once that force is done I will be working on tau. 

So we will see which tau scheme out of the two I have narrowed down for my Tau force will be used on these pieces. 

Check in later mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment